Continuing the Success of Presenting “the Review of ISO 10723 Test Frequency” in Norwich Oil and Gas Focus Group.
Aberdeen, May 2015 - i-Vigilant had a very successful and interesting presentation in Norwich Oil and Gas Focus Group focusing on the requirement for ISO 10723 performance test requirement. The presentation was focusing on the data we have for GCs that has ISO 10723 performance test completed on it.
ISO 10723 performance test is a test to determine the following:
· GC repeatability
· GC linearity
· GC performance benchmark based on its bias and uncertainty over of a wide range of gas composition
The main thing we found from the study was the following:
· It was thought that ISO 10723 was part of the EUETS regulation, however since 2012, operators are not required to perform ISO 10723 anymore, instead operators are required to perform yearly validation. With GCAS, validation is performed yearly by looking at the changes in GC measurement uncertainty which can be used as performance benchmark
· Linearization constants are very seldom implemented in GC (only 4 out of 30 GC in the case study had constants implemented in them)
· The bias from the non-linearity is not significant (well within GC uncertainty requirement)
· When ISO 10723 is performed under faulty conditions, it masks existing errors and GC and may signify the error when shifts happen
· GCAS can perform daily health check of the GC and therefore provide much more value than yearly ISO 10723 performance test
· It was concluded that rather than performing ISO 10723 on yearly basis, GCAS can be used to monitor the performance of the GC on a daily basis. ISO 10723 is still very useful to determine the non-linearity nature of the detector, however GCAS can help determine the risk of not performing it every year and therefore provide an information to perform ISO 10723 performance Test on a risk based basis.
· We have been having great comments on the presentation. The pdf version of presentation is available in our website on in the following link: http://www.i-vigilant.co.uk/download Publication tab. Please contact us if for further information on how GCAS may be able to help your GC maintenance.
We can be contacted on:
· Email: email@example.com
· Twitter: i_Vigilant
· Facebook: i-Vigilant
· Linkedin: i-Vigilant
· Phone: +44 1224 820 030
You must be logged in to comment.